Thursday, April 7, 2016

April TBR

    Hey folks!  As promised, I'm here to present you with my April TBR list.  I'm still keeping my goals pretty low because my classes are finishing up this month and I want to stay on track to finish the semester with honors, so I only have two (and a half) books to show you today.

    *I won't talk to much about A Gathering of Shadows, since I mentioned it in my last two blog posts, but I'm definitely way closer to finishing it than I was a few days ago, so hopefully it'll be done by this weekend so I can start on the other two!  I will say, it's getting good!!

(goodreads.com)

    Uprooted by Naomi Novik:  This book has been promoted as being a true fairy tale story, and I am SO in the mood for that!  I've been eyeing this book ever since I saw that we had it at my library, so I'm excited to finally pick it up.  This book is set in a quiet village bordered by a large forest, which houses dangerous creatures.  The Dragon, a mysterious wizard/demon/thing, protects the village from the dangers of the forest, but at a price.  He requires the sacrifice of a young girl to be his servant for ten years.  Agnieszka, (I'm going to have a hard time pronouncing that...), believes her best friend Kasia will be the chosen one, but when it turns out to be her, her whole life turns upside down.  I've heard almost nothing bad about this book, so I'm excited to see what it has in store for me.  I'm getting serious Beauty and the Beast vibes already, so I can't wait to dive in!

(goodreads.com)

    Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes: This is the third book in Rhodes' Falling Kingdoms series.  I started this series a few months back and I was hooked from the start.  In the third installment of this saga, Prince Magnus is still reeling from the aftermath of the bloody confrontation with the rebels after his wedding to Princess Cleo.  Cleo has allied herself with the rebels and their leader, Jonas, has his own motivations for stopping the tyrannical leadership of King Gaius.  Prince Magnus's adoptive sister Lucia has been trying to control her ever-growing magic, but with little results.  The Watchers are watching over her, but for how long?  Everyone is looking for The Kindred: powerful pieces of elemental magic that could be the key to stopping the war, no matter who is in possession.  Everyone has their secrets and motivation to track them down, but who will win?  This is very much like a YA Game of Thrones.  Multiple perspectives, alternative plot lines, drama, intrigue, romance, power struggles, magic, betrayal, etc.  If any of that appeals to you, please go pick this series up immediately.  I'm literally addicted at this point.  I went and bought all the books in this series in hardcover just so I could read them before the fifth one comes out this December.

    So there you have it, my very short TBR for this month.  I'm desperate to put a huge dent in my TBR, but I think it'll have to wait until this summer when I have more time.  I'll be free to read as much as humanly possible come May, so I'm looking forward to doing a more in-depth TBR.  Have any of you read the Falling Kingdoms series?  How about V. E. Schwab?  Let's discuss in the comments!  Until next time, I remain your faithful correspondent.

No comments:

Post a Comment