Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Dark World and The Fate of the Future

    I hope everyone had a great weekend!  My trip to Vermont went smoothly and involved some hiking, some drinking and some much-needed down time.  With that being said, since I've been home I've done almost nothing but this YouTube project.  Although it's been difficult to interpret, I've had a lot of fun exploring YouTube as an authentic frontier to a new era of social media production.  Hopefully my paper reflects how I feel about my efforts, but I can't make any promises, (to myself...because it's my grade...obviously).


    I've been thinking about my future a lot lately, not just mine either, but ours.  Now that I'm married, I have to think, feel and act with another person next to me all the time.  It's not like I can't think for myself anymore, but there are now factors in place with every decision I make.  I can't just do whatever I want; I have to think about the needs and desires of another, and vise versa.  Sometimes that would seem like a good thing, especially if both parties agree on what they want and have similar tastes.  On the other hand, it sucks if you are completely different people and desire different paths.
    I'm not saying that I think my husband and I are incompatible because that wouldn't be true.  We love each other and there's nothing that can change that.  I just wish that I could be as flexible and willing to do the things he really wants to do, just as he's sacrificed things for what I wanted to do.  Even just watching a scary movie together would be an accomplishment and a step in the right direction, but I don't know if that will ever happen.  I need to want it to happen, and I don't think I'm ready yet.  I don't know if I'll ever be ready, for anything, other than what I want.  But I guess we'll see.
    This means I have to be willing to move away from here if need be, if it's better for us elsewhere.  I need to learn how to accept things and "go with the flow" more than I usually do.  I'm more of a structured thinker: I need to have order, a plan and a means to an end.  I can't just go do random stuff without thinking about it first.  That's not how I role.  I'm a very boring person who would be completely content with living out the rest of my days here in New Hampshire with my husband and our nuclear family.  I don't feel the need to explore the world because I have everything I want right here and I'm content with that.  I'm a simple person and I don't need much.  Just love.


    Now that that's out of the way and I'm fresh out of deep shit to give you, let's move on to something else...  My husband and I have been watching "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." as a part of our obsession with all things Marvel, and I noticed today in the previews for tonight's episode that they would be continuing the plot line from Thor: The Dark World.  So, as any nerd would think, I figured we needed to see the movie first before we watched S.H.I.E.L.D. so we would understand what's happening.  So my husband proposes an impromptu movie night in order to get caught up, (and see one of the movies we've been dying to see for quite awhile).  It was nice to get out of the house, and the movie was even better than I had imagined!  With plenty of secret after-movie footage to rack our brains, we can't wait for the next one!  Don't worry, there will be no spoilers of what could potentially take place in the next installment of The Avengers or Thor...not from me anyway ;)


    So that's basically it for me.  I've got a least two other projects and the revision of this last one to do before the first week of December when all my classes end, so I have that to look forward to...  On the bright side, I'm subbing Thursday and Friday so I get to see some of my kids!  Plus next week is Thanksgiving and we will both be going to my uncle's house for the traditional turkey and fixings as well as an added Italian bonus in the form of home-made lasagna.  My mouth has been watering for a week already, so you can imagine how excited I'll be in a week.  On another bad(ish) note, Black Friday will be right after that...I'll write more on that next week I'm sure.  As there are many awful shopping days left, there are also plenty of good days that will not ruin my holiday spirit.  It's close, I can feel it!  Until next time, I remain your faithful correspondent.

No comments:

Post a Comment