Thursday, December 12, 2013

BLOGMAS Week 2: Top 5 Christmas Albums

    

    We're celebrating week two of Blogmas with your favorite Christmas songs!  Here are my Top 5 favorite Christmas albums, counting down to number one, all for your listening pleasure:)


    5. Pentatonix Christmas- This album is brand new this year.  For those of you who don't know, (or who didn't read my last post), I am a HUGE fan of The Sing-Off, which Pentatonix won last season.  So, naturally, I had to research their Christmas album.  As I suspected, it's pure gold, with their A-Capella rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy" receiving a lot of publicity as of late.  A definite must-grab if you're in the mood for something different!


    4. Michael Buble Christmas- Obviously I had to put Michael Buble on here, solely because of his Sinatra-esq sound and undeniable charm.  His voice just makes you want to go ice skating, get hot cocoa and curl up on the couch in front of the fire.  It's just that good.  He can serenade me any day.


    3. N*Sync Christmas- Playing to the 90s kid inside of me, this is a no-brainer.  Everyone knows this album and hopes that they hear their favorite track play on the radio when the Christmas music takes over, (personally, mine is "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays," but who's isn't?).  This is the type of album you can jam out to in your car while you're alone...or with a friend...or with your husband staring at you blankly, waiting for an explanation that will never come...


    2. NOW That's What I Call Christmas, Vol. 1- The original is always the best, am I right?  This album is no exception.  They might be on NOW Vol. 87 by now for all I care, but their original Christmas album has ALL the classics you've been waiting to hear on one CD, including classic songs by Nat King Cole, Elvis, Dean Martin, Burl Ives, Brenda Lee, The Boss, Britney Spears and MUCH more.  You would be crazy not to own this album by the end of the week.


    *1. The Beach Boys' Christmas Album- The number one spot, for me, goes to the Beach Boys.  This will always and forever be my all-time favorite Christmas album.  My father owned the vinyl record and we listened to it EVERY year on Christmas day.  Now we have the CD and it's just as great to look back at the good ol' days and remember what it was like to be a kid.  It will always be a symbol of Christmas and family togetherness to me, and that's what makes it so special.  You can't help but smile and sing along when these songs come on, so get to it!


    So there you have it, my Top 5 Christmas albums of all time!  If you'd like to listen to any of the albums featured in this post, I highly suggest YouTube.  If you'd like to purchase any of these albums, however, I recommend Amazon.com.  If your favorite album didn't make my list, let me know in the comments!  Everyone has their own special Christmas albums that they listen to, so whether they're from your past or a part of your present, they will always get you in the spirit of the holidays!  Tune in next week for Blogmas Week 3 and another Top 5!!  Until then, I remain your faithful correspondent.
    *(only 13 more days until Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment