Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Redemption and Christmas Happenings

   Hello all, it is another fine Tuesday here in New Hampshire and boy is it friggin cold...  It's been snowing off and on for the last couple days and I don't think it's supposed to get above 35 degrees tomorrow, so that's fantastic.  Although I am looking forward to having a few days off from work.


    As some of you may know, I had what I hope to be my LAST grammar final tonight.  I literally just got home from campus, and I have to say, I'm a lot more optimistic this time around.  It helps that the professor is weighing my graduate project heavier than the midterm I basically failed.  Even though I'm 80% sure I'll be fine, I'm still playing the waiting game at this point.  Send positive vibes, good prayers and happy thoughts my way as I await my imminent future.
    Now that I'm done with this final, I can refocus my energy on more important things, including the enjoyment of my winter vacation.  So far, I've got a birthday coming up, (more on that next Tuesday), Christmas events as well as more shopping to do before next weekend.  I also have to finish my revision for my Digital Literacies project I did on YouTube, which I will share here if you'd like to read my ten-page paper on YouTube celebrity.  Let me know in the comments and I'll try to make it happen.  I would also like to make time for my friends, (if they still exist at this point), of whom I am severely lacking.  I'm already planning a weekend trip to Maine in the coming months, so who knows what else could happen?  My social calendar is starting to perk up.


    At this point, the plan to decorate the apartment is going slow...  We got our own 4' tree, (see above), complete with lights, bobbles and jingling garland.  We also grabbed our own personal ornaments from our parents to put on our tree.  My husband came up with the idea of picking out only one of our own ornaments while picking nine of each other's ornaments, thus simultaneously creating our own little tradition.  It was really great to go through all of his ornaments, some of which I had never seen before, and pick the ones I thought would look great on our tree.  It feels great to be able to tap into our history while creating a new history together.


    I want to take an opportunity here to tell all of you that one of my favorite TV shows is BACK: The Sing Off!!!  I am beyond excited about this and look forward to watching with my husband this season.  If you are into A Capella and need a new show to watch, this is it!  Check it out here:)
    I almost forgot to tell everyone that I joined Bloglovin', which is a site dedicated to bringing bloggers together to share and follow each other.  It's a really great community, so if you'd like to start blogging or would like to get your foot in the game to meet new people from all over the world, this is a great place to go!  You can check out Bloglovin' and my profile here.
    That's all I have for today.  Unfortunately I have been devoting most of my time to work and my studies, so I promise my Thursday Blogmas post will be chock full of Christmas stuff.  I will be rating and ranking my Top 5 Christmas albums, so if you have a suggestion for one that should make the list, let me know in the comments!  I'll be taking a poll on my Tumblr and Facebook, (links are at the top of my page!), so be on the lookout for that!  Until next time, I remain your faithful correspondent.

No comments:

Post a Comment